EcoUrban will break ground on the LEED for Homes registered Carlsson Residence at 6153 Pershing in Historic Skinker-Debaliviere Neighborhood.
This sustainable residential solution is being developed in partnership with Homeway Homes, Hoffman Brothers, Microgrid, Superior Walls, Mwanzi Green Building Supply and ASERusa.
Here is a hit list of the features:
- 2,176 square feet with 3 bed / 2.5 bath and first floor den/office/bedroom flex room.
- LEED for Homes Registered - Tracking Platinum designation / Preliminary HERS score of 49 with ASERusa serving as our energy modeler and LEED rater.
- 3 ton geothermal heating / cooling with (3) 200' vertical loops from Hoffmann Brothers Heating & Cooling with Aprilaire ERV and tankless hot water.
- Solar prewire conduit from Homeway Homes for easy install of Microgrid Energy's SolarWorld 250 3 kw solar off-grid power producing 3,873 kWh annually or roughly 50% of the home's power!
- Modular 2x6 construction with hybrid foam/batt R24 wall insulation / Low-E Energy Plus windows from Quaker Windows with a White TPO "cool" rubber roof constructed by Homeway Homes.
- Superior Walls precast foundation system with built-in R-12.5 insulation and ready-to-build out for future lower level space.
- Masonry, stucco and corrugated metal exterior siding for a modern look that fits into the neighborhood.
- 2-car garage / native landscaping
- Estimated completion date of 11/15/11
EcoUrban: Building Sustainable Solutions
Follow us on Twitter!